Compare Comcast in Connecticut with DIRECTV
TVProviders.com is not affiliated with Comcast and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
About Comcast in CT
The name XFINITY may not be familiar to some consumers in Connecticut. Comcast, however, is widely recognizable. Comcast is the largest cable TV provider in the country, with more than 20 million customers subscribing to video service.
The company re-branded its residential services under the XFINITY brand in 2010, but the corporate name Comcast remains unchanged. Comcast started in the 1960s with a small local cable system in Tupelo, Mississippi, and grew to become one of the cable TV industry's dominant players.
In February 2014, Comcast reached an agreement to merge with Time Warner Cable.
Cable TV in Connecticut: Comcast Services
Comcast offers several services under the XFINITY brand. The following overview provides details on Comcast cable.
Here's a look at some of the features offered by Comcast. Connecticut consumers should note that factors like package selection, equipment and location may affect availability.
- X1 Entertainment Operating System® - User interface that combines programming search, DVR service and online applications
- Premium networks - HBO®, STARZ®, Cinemax®, SHOWTIME® and more
- High-definition programming – More than 100 HD channels
- On-demand movies and shows – 84,000+ titles
- Spanish-language programming and international programming - Choices include XFINITY Latino packages and programming from countries and regions including Israel, China, Russia, Vietnam and the Middle East
- DVR service – Capabilities include recording up to four programs while watching a fifth show live and multiple-room playback of recorded shows; mobile app for remote DVR access
- Mobile viewing – More than 19,000 movies and shows available for viewing on smartphones and tablets
- Sports programming - Channels and packages focusing on major professional and college sports, auto racing, soccer and more
With Comcast in Connecticut, consumers can choose from up to five digital cable packages:
- Digital Premier - The top-of-the-line XFINITY package comes with more than 260 channels, including premium networks
- Digital Preferred - Highlights of the 220-plus channel package include ENCORE®, National Geographic Channel, NFL Network and NBA TV.
- Digital Starter - The lineup of 140+ channels includes ESPN, TLC, Nickelodeon and more.
- Digital Economy - A&E, Discovery Channel, CNN and commercial-free music channels are included in the 45-plus channel package.
- Limited Basic - The lineup of 10+ channels focuses on local programming, with some shopping and religion-themed channels.
CT Comcast Bundles and Other Services
In addition to the regular TV packages, Comcast offers bundles that combine cable, high-speed Internet and digital phone. Options include Double Play bundles (TV and Internet, TV and phone or Internet and phone) and Triple Play (TV, Internet and phone).
Comcast also offers a line of XFINITY Home products that provide security systems, alarm monitoring and home automation features.
For commercial customers, Comcast Business offers TV, Internet, phone, Ethernet networking and other services.
CT Comcast Availability: Checking for Coverage Online
Under the XFINITY brand, Comcast serves customers in more than 40 states. To check availability of Comcast in Connecticut, see the coverage map on the company website.
For further details on cable and other home services from Comcast, Connecticut consumers can consult the list of cities below:
Comcast in Connecticut is One of Many Options
To better judge the merits of Comcast, CT cable TV shoppers can compare XFINITY services with those of other providers. Companies like DIRECTV also specialize in television service and may provide a viable alternative if, for instance, you live outside the Comcast coverage area.
You can get more information on finding the best deal for TV service by calling %phone%.
Sources and Research:
Data updated 2014-09-10. Data collected from http://www.comcast.com and http://business.comcast.com/