Compare Cox to DIRECTV
If you're looking for options when it comes to television and entertainment, Cox Communications is certainly a possibility. Cox is one of the largest providers of television entertainment, Internet service and home phone in the country. Millions of customers use Cox and their services rank them amongst some of the larger providers in the country.
Cox is not available in every state and, depending on where you live will determine whether or not Cox service is a viable choice. You can see which states can receive Cox service by referring to the list, below. Click on a state that appeals to you and your living situation to learn more about Cox availability in the area.
Cox Customer Service
Cox meets customer service and concerns with a comprehensive Support page dedicated to a variety of common questions and fixes. If customers have questions about their service, account information or billing, the Cox support page has tutorials, tips and answers to questions customers might be asking. Customers can also use Live Chat features, email or call a Cox specialist for answers.
Cox offers customers a variety of TV packages. These packages vary in terms of channel counts, programming and technology available. Listed below are just a few examples of the TV packages Cox can bring to the home.
- Cox TV Economy – Over a 150 channels of family-friendly programming and more.
- Cox Advanced TV – There are more than 200 channels to choose from with this package.
- Cox Advanced TV Preferred – Customers can gain access to over 250 channels and can even add premium channels.
- Cox Advanced TV Premier – Over 300 channels including popular TV Paks and the option to add premium channels like HBO® and Cinemax®.
- Cox Advanced TV Ultimate – This package comes with more than 350 channels to choose from including four premium movie channels and a collection of popular TV Paks.
These packages may vary in terms of availability depending on location.
Cox television programming provides coverage on a variety of sports for super fans of every stripe. For American football, there's NFL REDZONE® for anyone interested in seeing the most exciting moments first and foremost. Soccer fans can keep up with Major League Soccer through MLS Direct Kick™. Baseball buffs can see the hottest games and some of the biggest MLB stars with MLB EXTRA INNINGS℠. Sports fans can find plenty of programming through Cox sports packages.
Cox Sports Packages
Listed below are a few brief summaries on the aforementioned sports packages offered by Cox.
- NFL REDZONE® – Super fans can get a close up look at every exciting moment of a game.
- MLS Direct Kick™ – Major League Soccer action brought straight to the living room.
- MLB EXTRA INNINGS℠ – Keep up with regular season games and the biggest stars in the MLB.
- NHL® CENTER ICE® – Never miss a moment of your favorite teams and players on the ice.
- NBA LEAGUE PASS – Customers can see up to 40 out-of-market NBA games a week.
In addition to sports programming, Cox also features over 200 channels with thousands of HD On DEMAND choices. Cox offers movies, shows, music events, sporting events and more through their On DEMAND service, many of which come in HD.
Cox provides viewers with more control over the television and more ways to watch. Contour on TV is one such feature which learns what viewers like to watch in order to provide recommendations. There is also TV Caller ID so customers can see who is calling without missing any action. The Cox Record 6 DVR is also available, allowing customers to record half a dozen shows at the same time.
- Contour on TV – Contour gets to know the customer based on their viewing habits in order to customize and create a unique and tailored viewing experience.
- TV Caller ID – Customers won't have to miss the action whenever the phone rings. This Caller ID service displays who is calling on the television screen so customers can decide if they should take the call or finish the program.
- On-the-Go TV – There are also apps available to customers for mobile viewing on mobile devices.
Not Sure? There Are Other Options Besides Cox
When comparing television service providers, it's easy to get pigeonholed by the offerings of one provider. Whether you want to go with Cox or another provider, it's important to consider all options available in your area.
Sources and Research
Data collected 09/03/2014 from http://www.cox.com/